Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - February 28, 2018
Heritage Auctions’ Comics Department Sets New Weekly Auction Record At More Than $418KAmazing Fantasy #15 claims three of sale's top four spots
The total erased the previous mark of $341,696, which was set in November 2017.
Coupled with Heritage's Feb 22-24 Comics & Comic Art Auction, the final total of which climbed to $8,620,797, the weekly auction pushed the Comics department's weekly total to more than $9 million. Competition in the weekly auction was fierce, with nine of the top 10 lots prompting at least 10 bids.
"Our formula is simple: auction 800 or more lots of comics, comic art and animation art every week, with no reserves, and with returns accepted on uncertified comics," Heritage Comics Director of Operations Barry Sandoval said. "Of course, to make that work you need a lot of quality material in the pipeline, and I'm happy to report that we have exactly that."
Four lots, including three different copies of Amazing Fantasy #15, yielded five-figure returns. Two cleared the $20,000 plateau: Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VG+ 4.5 Off-white pages realized $26,290, while Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VG- 3.5 Cream to off-white pages brought $20,315. Jim Starlin and Joe Rubinstein Avengers Annual #7 Story Page 28 Thanos, Adam Warlock, and Captain Mar-Vell Original Art (Marvel, 1977) drew $15,535 and Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC GD+ 2.5 Off-white pages sold for $13,145.
Fantastic Four #1 also had multiple copies on the list, landing two among the auction's top 10 lots. One copy, with a CGC grade of VG- 3.5 with off-white to white pages, sold for $8,365, while a CGC GD+ 2.5 copy with cream to off-white pages went for $5,497.
Other top lots included, but were not limited to:
· The Incredible Hulk #1 UK Edition (Marvel, 1962) CGC VG- 3.5 Cream to off-white pages: $9,560
· X-Men #1 (Marvel, 1963) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white to white pages: $6,273.75
· Frank Brunner and Steve Leialoha Howard the Duck #1 Story Page 15 Original Art (Marvel Comics, 1976): $5,019
· Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Wally Wood Hercules Unbound #6 Splash Page Original Art (DC Comics, 1976): $4,780
· Batman #18 (DC, 1943) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white to white pages: $4,063
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members, and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
It was Heritage's promised professionalism that attracted us. We have not been disappointed… we are comforted that Heritage is running our show.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)