Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - August 8, 2018
Heritage Auctions’ Comics Department Breaks Weekly Auction Record For Third Time This YearSpider-Man, Fantastic Four, original art lift record above $466K
The previous mark was $422,238.16, which surpassed the standard of $418,044 that had stood for exactly one week.
"Our bidders know that missing a week could mean missing something really good, as even $10,000 single lots are not a rarity in these auctions anymore," Heritage Auctions Comics Director of Operations Barry Sandoval said. "We average 800 lots per week, there are no minimum bids or reserves, and most of the material is from fresh-to-the-market personal collections."
The 936-lot auction was led by Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VG- 3.5 Cream to off-white pages, which brought $20,400. Other top lots included:
· Dick Dillin and Dick Giordano Justice League of America #112 "War with the One-Man Justice League!" Partial Story Original Art Group of 19 (DC Comics, 1974): $16,800
· John Buscema Wolverine: Bloody Choices #nn Graphic Novel Story Page 15 Original Art (Marvel, 1991): $13,200
· Fantastic Four #5 (Marvel, 1962) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white to white pages: $13,200
The auction also featured Animation art, led by Robin Hood Animation Drawing Print Sequence of 10 by Milt Kahl (Walt Disney, 1973), which sold for $1,320.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Another super auction! As a consignor, I am very pleased with the results.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)