Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - September 16, 2021
Catch 'Em All: Heritage Auctions Presents Pokemon Box Break at Collect-A-Con
|Individual packs could include cards valued at $10,000 or more
Pokémon collectors will have the chance Sept. 27-Oct. 4 to bid in the hopes of winning any of 36 sealed lots featured in Heritage Auctions' Unlimited Base Set Booster Box Break Trading Card Games Showcase Auction.
Each lot is an unopened booster pack from a sealed Unlimited Base Set box, which will be opened and unveiled at a special event Oct. 17 as part of the two-day event that will take place at Collect-A-Con at the NFG Center in Houston.
Hosted by Gary "King Pokémon" Haase, Heritage Auctions Executive Vice President Joe Maddalena and DFW Pokémon Team Members, the break begins and will be streamed on-line live at 1 p.m. (Central time). The live stream will be available to view through the DFW Pokémon Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dfwpokem0n/live_videos/
Each pack will be pulled from the box, shuffled and assigned a number at random. The order of the opening will occur in numerical order, starting with pack No. 1 and ending with pack No. 36.
The event affords collectors the opportunity to earn a chance to win a card – or cards, with multiple winning bids – that could be worth in excess of $10,000.
"The demand for top Pokémon cards has never been better, and this is a great opportunity for the most serious collectors to add to their collections with the addition of some important cards while enjoying the Collect-A-Con event," Maddalena said. "'I choose you' to participate in our Pokémon box break!"
Collectors can begin bidding Sept. 27 on HA.com. Bids start at just $100 for lots from a box with a combined estimated value of $20,000-25,000.
Each winning bidder will also receive a VIP Package that includes:
• Front of Stage Access to Vanilla Ice & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "LIVE" Performance (Saturday only)
• A VIP - 2/Day Pass for Collect-A-Con convention, with on-stage access to participate in the box break on Sunday
• A Collect-A-Con official T-shirt
• Free grading of one card by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), featuring a unique pedigree label from the "Collect-A-Con Box Break."
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Heritage also enjoys the highest online traffic and dollar volume of any auction house on earth (source: SimilarWeb and Hiscox Report). The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has more than 1,400,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
For breaking stories, follow us: HA.com/Facebook and HA.com/Twitter. Link to this release or view prior press releases.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
I'm very happy to endorse HA's well-thought-through approach to their Signature Auction prospects and clients.View More Testimonials
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)